Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
I don’t know what made me think of this old expression, except maybe the sense of futility I feel at having bought the same lies over and over again for so many years:
- “You’re not good enough
- “God is disappointed in you
- “Your faith is too weak
- “You are choosing to be evil
- “God doesn’t really love you
- “You don’t deserve to be loved
- “There’s no hope for your future
And all because of one little thing: I’m attracted to guys instead of women. The absurdity of this is astounding.
If you are gay, and you’ve ever been made to feel the things above, please recognize them as LIES! ALL LIES!